2008年4月30日水曜日

Paragraph 2

Nakasone Ayaka
ARW AF section
Chris Hoskins
Paragraph 2

Why do people lie?

Generally, people tell lies not to hurt themselves and others. There are two reasons why people lie. First, they don’t want to have their pride injured. Most of them, including me, have a lot of pride, so they would not like to be looked down on by their friends and to be embarrassed. To protect themselves, they tell lies about themselves. But, in the end, it often comes to be useless because it is only temporary. However we make ideal of ourselves, we can’t really change.
Second, once in a while, people tell a lie not to hurt others. By talking about
their real feelings, they can break their friends’ heart. For example, one of my friends was troubled that she couldn’t get used to life of the university. I was enjoying it however, I couldn’t say that in her presence. I want to cheer her up, so I said “Everyone, even me, is the same as you.” I don’t know whether it is good or not, by hearing it, she seemed to get better.
In most cases, people tell lies for themselves, but at times, they can also
lie for others.

3 件のコメント:

Mai Onishi さんのコメント...

Hi,Ayaka!
I agree with you particular about second point. Your anicdote is very easy to understand. I also think lying is sometimes useful for us. Your paragraph is very good!

takeo さんのコメント...

Hello,Ayaka! How are you today?
I read your paragraph and I think that you should use more transition. If you use it, your essay becomes more good. See you! Good luck!!!
From Takeo

yuri さんのコメント...

Hi!!Ayaka!
I agree with your opinion.
your paragraph is very good, but I think if you use more transition, it become more clearly!